Session 5 REFLECT Together
This session ideally follows the Bible Drama Workshop
- To reflect on what shapes character development
- To consider how people’s virtues and actions are influenced by Jesus’s example
- To identify ways that we can use our learning about virtues to make choices in our everyday lives
- To identify ways that we can use our virtues learning to make a difference in our friendships, families and communities
- To identify ways that our creative learning can be shared with our school community to enrich our ethos (see Assembly outline) for suggestions
Learning activity 1 Drama Impacting Virtues
Look at the actor viewpoint clips for actors’ reflections humility and how being part of ‘The Life of Christ’ productions has impacted them.
How has the actor’s experience of being in a Bible drama, impacted their understanding of these virtues? (the Fruit of the Spirit)
Ask the question: How has dramatising Biblical texts helped you understand virtues and their impact more deeply?
Consider the questions:
- what new ideas have you learnt about humility?
Learning activity 2 Virtues in Action – making virtuous choices
The following reflective questions on theological and values themes inspired by the video clip and stills from the Life of Christ scene, can help pupils think more deeply, empathise with characters and situations, and consider how they might respond in real life situations.
How does it feel to be blessed?
Why do we want to be blessed?
How would you feel if you were Jesus?
Can you list three actions which show humility?
How can you replicate Jesus’ actions in school?
How can you feel better if you have made the wrong choice?
Do you or have you experienced a divine moment?
Why is it important to be humble?
Why is it difficult to be a follower?