Link with SALVATION units e.g. UPPER KEY STAGE 2/ Unit 2B.6 Year 5 Digging Deeper
- TEXT Explain connections between Isaiah’s prophecy about Jesus in Isaiah 61 sharing the Good News and why Christians use different approaches to Biblical drama to do the same
- TEXT Suggest meaning for biblical text studied, and compare their ideas with ways in which Christians have been inspired past and present by Jesus’s example to use creative ways to communicate of the Gospel, showing awareness of the impact of different interpretations
- IMPACT Show how Christians put their beliefs about sharing the Gospel into practice in different ways: for example, why some use biblical drama to communicate the Gospel
- CONNECTIONS Weigh up how effectively biblical ideas, teachings or beliefs relate to issues, problems and opportunities in their own lives and world today can be communicated through drama as opposed to other artforms.
KNOWLEDGE BUILDING BLOCKS from Understading Christianity
PUPILS WILL KNOW THAT:
- Christians believe Jesus’ teachings make people think hard about how to live and show them the right way.
- Christians believe that Jesus’ life shows what it means to love God (his Father) and love your neighbour.
- Christians believe that they should bring this good news to life in the world in different ways, within their church family, in their personal lives, with family, with their neighbours, in the local, national and global community
‘Why Christians Communicate the Gospels through the Arts’
|You might like to start with||The Mystery Plays|
|Investigating the Text||Christians inspired to tell the story of Jesus|
Jesus the Storyteller
|Understanding the Impact||Theatre Companies interpreting scripture|
Passion Plays in Prison
|Making the Connections||Collective worship|
Values and Virtues detective
Communicating school values