The biblical account of Jesus’s healing of the Leper (Luke 5 12-16) and Wintershall’s dramatised clips of scenes from the Life of Christ provide the theological stimulus for a Virtues Enquiry on the shared human value of Love (unconditional). Love is listed in the Bible as one of the fruits of the Spirit (Galatians 5: 22-23a) The fruits of the spirit in their biblical context are Christ-like virtues or qualities, aspired to by followers of Jesus, enabled by faith in Jesus as a personal Saviour and the transforming work of the Holy Spirit on a believer’s character and life.
Downloadable Resource material to support your Virtues Enquiry – Love
- Film clips of scenes from this powerful re-enactment of Jesus’s life illustrate selected Christian virtues and values, for example the moment when Jesus demonstrates humility and service through washing his disciples’ feet.
- Clips of actors who play some of the different characters in these scenes, reflect on these virtues and values offering different viewpoints and explaining the impact of the bible story or Jesus teaching and example on their own lives.
- Virtues Enquiry unit- Love Virtues Enquiry Unit – Love
- Virtues learning activities -Love Learning activities – LOVE Wintershall Education 2016
- Historical background Jesus-heals-the-leper-history.pdf
- Theology and Scripture Scrutiny Jesus-heals-the-leper-theology-.pdf
- Script excerpt from The Life of Christ Act-11-scene-11-Healing-the-leper-1.pdf
- Bible Drama workshop – Love material Bible drama workshop – Love
- Virtues Enquiry assembly outline Love-Values-Enquiry-Assembly-outline.pdf
- Assembly delivery options – Love Assembly-delivery-Options.pdf